There will be two phases of judging to determine the top winners of the VANquish Collisions Hackathon. The first phase is an expo where teams will have 5 minutes to present their solution to a group of judges in a science-fair style set-up. Expo judges will use predetermined judging criteria and a judging rubric to determine the top 5 solutions.
The second phase of judging is live pitches. The top 5 teams will pitch to the entire hackathon audience and a panel of Final Judges. These judges will use the same judging criteria to determine the top 3 solutions and award prizes for first, second, and third place.
All solutions will be judged according to the below criteria:
• Innovation: How unique is the solution?
• Feasibility: How easily can the solution be implemented?
• User Experience: What is the overall experience of a person using the product?
• Strategic Thinking: Is the solution scalable? Will it continue to be relevant for the foreseeable future?
• Alignment with Challenge: Did the solution clearly identify the problem they are attempting to solve? Is the solution relevant to the identified challenge?
There is a total of $7,500 available in prize money for teams that participate:
1st Place Team: $5000
2nd Place Team: $2000
3rd Place Team: $500
The prize amount will be split equally between all members of that team.View Full Rules & Regulations